From: Erik Vesneski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 10:07 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exchange Server Rearchitecture

Hi all:

I have a few questions as I head out to install an Exchange 5.5 box in our
remote office.  First here is what we have going on:

- HQ has 3 5.5 servers with IMS's pointed to a sendmail mail-hub
- These three servers are all in the same site and org.

I am going to be placing another Exchange server in a remote office on our
WAN which is connected via a point-to-point t-1.

With this connection and subsequent new Exchange server should I:

1.) Look at making another site, connecting via an x400

or

2.) Just setting it up with another IMS but I don't think that is the best
thing.

Also, if I do this connector and join up the two sites should I not do a
connector through the three machines that are in the different site and have
one IMS that routes to the sendmail host?  Or should I just sit with three
IMS's?

I have not done an x400 connector before so I am leary about how to and what
my concerns should be.

Thank you,

Erik L. Vesneski
Internal Network Manager