From: Bueffel, Scott M - CNF [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 7:20 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: ims queues

Richard, THERE IS NO NEED TO YELL.  You haven't said with it is the inbound
or outbound queue.  I will assume outbound since it would be rare for
inbound messages to be stuck.  If you are not relaying to another server it
is very common to have messages stuck in the outbound delivery queue.  If
you click on the Details button it will tell you why the message has not
been delivered.  The most common reason will be Host Unavailable or Host
Undeliverable.  That means that for any number of reasons your server could
not initiate a TCP session with the recipients mailhost.  If most of your
messages are going through then there is a probably nothing wrong.
Especially if the messages in question go after awhile.  You can test a
connection by doing an MX record lookup for the host in question and then
initiate a telnet session to port 25 to that host from your Exchange server.
If that fails, then your IMS will be unable to send the message.

Scott.