Skiving - based on my limited knowledge of US idiom (and watching CSI last
night) - Goofing Off

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Crowley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 24 September 2001 21:59
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: Editing Inbox Contents

There are seldom good technological solutions to
behavioral problems.  I don't really see how it's any
different than if they compose their e-mail in
Notepad, then cut and pasted it later.  What is the
real worry?  Please provide a scenario.

What does "skive" mean?

Ed Crowley
Compaq Computer

--- "Atkinson, Daniel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> hi all,
>
> we've just moved a load of users onto outlook 2001
> (mac) from OE5. They're
> not too happy because of missing features and no
> easy migration tools, but
> hey ho.
>
> The admin at one site has raised the point that in
> outlook, as with the pc
> version, you can edit and save messages in the
> inbox. He's worried people
> will abuse this feature to forge dishonest email to
> help them skive off and
> generally get away with stuff at work.
>
> I'm sure there's no way to restrict this, but how
> would you handle this one
> with the powers-that-be, should they be concerned?
>
> cheers
> dan.

> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk
by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.