From: Steve Rollings [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 24 September 2001 20:11
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exchange 2000 setup, failed to contact the schema master

Fellow Exchange people,

I'm stuck.

Single forest, single domain.
Three Win2k AD GC servers, two Win2k Exch2k servers (well almost).

I am trying to install the second Exch2k server, but setup halts with:
"The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services"
cannot be assigned the action "Install" because:
- Setup is unable to access the Windows 2000 Active Directory
- Failed to contact the Schema Master server for this Active Directory
forest.

The first Exch2k server installed fine, and is running like a dream.

I've done a little research, which suggested I might have a bad DNS
setup. Checked, and it's fine. Nslookup works just as I would have
expected.

It's not Q264001, nor is it Q258967.

So I was wondering if anyone else out there had seen this issue before,
and maybe resolved it...

Regards,
Steve

Nextra is the trading name of CIX (Compulink Information Exchange), Norsk
Data and XTML, all of whom are part of the Nextra Group.

Nextra, a division of international telecoms organisation Telenor, is a
leading European Communications Service Provider. For information on
products and services click on www.nextra.co.uk.

With the exclusion of purchase orders/requests with reference to repair
quotations the views, information and opinion contained in this e-mail are
that of the author. Where it is intended to place reliance upon any
statement made, then a formal confirmation should be requested.