Any kind of filtering on the router?

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Van Eck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 12:01 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: smtp problems

I have an interesting problem that I hope you can shed some light on. I am
running W2K, SP2 and Exchange 5.5. This box has a IP that sits directly on
our T1, the router is the only thing between it and the ISP. We recently
have been unable to receive email from SOME of our clients. I am unable to
telnet to port 25 on the exchange box from the outside world, I can telnet
to it on our segment. I have a sniffer on the segment and am getting quite a

few port unreachable errors.

Header of packet that caused error follows.
IP Header - Internet Protocol Datagram
  Version:              4
  Header Length:        5  (20  bytes)
  Type of Service:      %00000000
Reliability
  Total Length:         98
  Identifier:           54627
  Fragmentation Flags:  %000  May Fragment   Last Fragment
  Fragment Offset:      0  (0  bytes)
  Time To Live:         128
  Protocol:             17  UDP
  Header Checksum:      0x0000
  Source IP Address:    66.xx.xxx.xxx
  Dest. IP Address:     207.xxx.xxx.xxx
  No IP Options
UDP - User Datagram Protocol
  Source Port:          137  NETBIOS Name Service
  Destination Port:     137
  Length:               58
  Checksum:             0x0000
NetBIOS Name Service - Network Basic Input/Output System
  Identification:       0x0000
  Parameter:            0x0000
            Request
            Standard Query

A FreeBSD box on the same network is able to accept the mail, it is listed
as the secondary MX record. Your help is much appreciated. Steve Van Eck