On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, MS Exchange Mailing List wrote:
> I don't think it would be a good idea to have a unix superuser password
> in a batch file (text).  A program that does macros and could scramble
> the info would be the way to go.

  If the program can scramble it, it can unscramble it.  That is not
security, it is obscurity.

  The OP specifically stated he wanted to become superuser automatically.
At that point, security has pretty much gone out the window.  Hopefully, the
OP is using a physically secure system.  Otherwise, he's dead meat.  I
suppose that should have been stated explicitly:

  Logging in as superuser/root/admin/system/etc. automatically over a
network pretty much destroys the security of your network.  Do not do it
unless your network is physically isolated from attack.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>