Are these 'problem' users in his personal address book - possibly with an
old invalid address ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ty Bradley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 29 October 2001 13:09
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Send/Reply

We are a small dept within the University - approx 100 users, NT4 Server and
Exchange 5.5 with latest service packs and patches, the user's workstations
are running Win98 and Outlook 2000.

Recently our HOD has had problems sending email to users within the
University, all other email functions seem to be ok for him, sending mail to
users in our dept and outside the Uni is ok, he can receive email from
within the Uni but can't send or reply to these addresses, he can send/reply
to addresses outside the Uni and within the dept.

This problem started for him about 2 weeks ago and I can't figure out what's
causing it.
No one else is affected, our other users can send and receive ok anywhere.

I setup a profile for HOD on another computer but the results were the same,
I thought it may be something to do with his profile on exchange server so
after backing up I deleted all reference to him from NT and Exchange, about
an hour later I setup his NT account using the copy function in user manager
to copy an existing account and then setup his email account and imported
the mail but still the problem persists.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Ty Bradley
Computing Officer
University of Strathclyde
Dept. of Management Science
40 George Street
Glasgow G1 1QE
Phone: 0141 548 4304
Fax:     0141 552 6686

Confidentiality: This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the
above named recipient(s) only and may be confidential and/or
privileged. If they have come to you in error you must take no action
based on them, nor must you copy or disclose them or any part of their
contents to any person or organisation; please reply to this e-mail
and highlight the error immediately and delete this e-mail and its
attachments from your computer system.

Security Warning: Please note that this e-mail has been created in the
knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications
medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of
security  when e-mailing us.

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
its attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping
with  good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are
actually  virus free