-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Hlabse [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Posted At: Monday, October 29, 2001 8:05 AM
Posted To: NewsgroupDiscussion
Conversation: OWA 2000 logoff ?
Subject: OWA 2000 logoff ?

In OWA2000 there are three ways you get logged off. One is to close the
browser which closes the session and clears any cached authenticated
pages
so no one else can use your session. Two is to wait for 4 minutes
timeout setting for OWA2000). Or spend a bunch off money for
Messageware's
solution which gives you a logoff button.

Question is that a customer would like to have it so if he is browsing
the
web and then backspaces to the OWA2000 session (within the 4 minute
timeout
setting) he is forced to login again. I said I do not think there is a
way
around the logoff procedures other than the above ones. I was curious if
SSL
was installed if it changes/overrides the timeout settings. I do not
really
want to setup up SSL at this time as we may change the name of the
server
prior to cut over. Anybody have any experience with SSL and OWA2000 and
logoff issues different than normal sessions?