Hi,

I have a question about my upgrade to Exchange 2k.  I am sure this is
probably documented somewhere but I can't seem to find anything that details
this specifically.  We are not only upgrading our Exchange but upgrading our
Win NT machines to W2k.  We have 10 servers in total.  I have two new
servers, which I am using to test the upgrade of W2k and Exchange 2k.  I
have started from scratch, built these two machines with the same domain
name and machine names as my PDC and Exchange Server in my live system.
Here comes the question:  I am going to install Exchange and then move the
mailboxes over.  To move the mailboxes over does my old Exchange Server have
to be part of my new test domain?  If so could I temporarily move my
Exchange server to the new domain, do the migration of mailboxes etc and
then move it back to my live system?  Am I over complicating things here?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Louanne Fournier, MCSE, MCT
Options Software & Consulting
Voice:  905-681-2100 x 213
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This mail was processed by Mail essentials for Exchange/SMTP,
the email security & management gateway. Mail essentials adds
content checking, email encryption, anti spam, anti virus,
attachment compression, personalised auto responders, archiving
and more to your Microsoft Exchange Server or SMTP mail server.
For more information visit http://www.mailessentials.com