Mr. Strong's script has no such limitation on how you address the resources.
Optional, required, resource, whatever - it all works a treat.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Devin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 1:39 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Conference Rooms and such...

Yep...  that the Q article that I had seen this past weekend.

Thanks a bunch for everyone's help, I really appreciate it.

I still have a couple of questions, so I hope I'm not drumming on a subject
that's been talked to death here.

I've gone ahead and set the default permissions to None, as suggested.  Of
course with that set as such, when selecting "Attendees and Resources" while
creating a meeting request, they cannot drop a conference room in to the
resource.  When they try a dialog box appears stating they do not have the
proper permissions to do so and that they must use the "Required" or
"Optional" boxes.

The problem here though is that using anything other then the "Resource" box
for the conference room will not fire the auto-accept response.  It will
just sit there in the conference room's inbox.

My question is...  is it a safe assumption that to get this to work with
only "Required" or "Optional" that I would need Robert Strong's AutoAccept
script form ExchangeCode?  i.e. -- I cannot use the resource booking script
from Outlook2000.

Thanks again for your time.

-KHD

--