From: Hansen, Eric [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 1:22 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Event ID 9322 questions

Hello

Got 3.5ft of snow in the my driveway....anyway....

I have been seeing a increase in event id 9322 in my invisible smtp server a
lot lately.  Every event has the same details, as follows......

----
An interface error has occurred. An MtaBindBack over RPC has failed.
Locality Table (LTAB) index: 13, NT/MTA error code: 1722. Comms error
1722,   Bind error      0,      Remote Server Name POSTOFFICE02, Protocol
String ncacn_ip_tcp:postoffice02.aruplab.com[1052] [BASE IL INCOMING RPC 41
507] (14)
----

postoffice02 is my registered smtp server and the IMS on it has a trust
level of 1 while my invisible smtp(postoffice03) server has a trust level of
10.  I have a 3rd server that has all my mailboxes on it but I never see its
name pop up in the event 9322 details.  The 01 and 02 servers have no errors
or relevant events.

I checked the kbase and found 7 articles covering that event, 3 of them were
RAS related(we don't use ras), 1 was multi site(we use single site), 1
firewall(servers are behind firewall together), and 1 was exchange 2000
nt/mta error 5 related(I only have exch 5.5).  the last item said that I
should put more memory in my postoffice but I find it hard to believe that a
server running 2 p3 800's with 1.5 gig of memory and a ISpriv size of 257meg
is going to have overhead problems.

Any ideas short of calling pss?

I'm lost

e-