And the "Flush Committed Logs" option is still checked?  Perhaps someone
accidently unchecked it when trying to fix another problem?
-K.Borndale
Network Administrator
Sybari Software
631.630.8569 -direct dial
631.439.0689 -fax
http://www.sybari.com
"One man's ceiling is another man's floor"

|--------+----------------------------------->
|        |          Chris Colby              |
|        |          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   |
|        |          Sent by:                 |
|        |          bounce-exchange-148870@ls|
|        |          .swynk.com               |
|        |                                   |
|        |                                   |
|        |          11/28/2001 02:47 PM      |
|        |          Please respond to        |
|        |          "Exchange Discussions"   |
|        |                                   |
|--------+----------------------------------->

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:     "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                   |
  |       cc:
                                                   |
  |       Subject:     5.5 not deleting log files
                                                   |

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I'm running into a problem with Exch 5.5 SP4 and Veritas backup.  Suddenly
(as of 1 week ago), the transaction logs are not being deleted.  Circular
logging is disabled for both databases, and up until last week, the logs
were being truncated properly.

We've been having some problems with incremental backups, but full backups
are running successfully -- still no cleanup of log files though.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Chris Colby
Manager of BackOffice Systems