I'd check out the GC that it's using.  It may be worth running dsadiag to
force the re-discovery of a GC/DC.

Mark H

-----Original Message-----
From: Bowles, John L. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 30 November 2001 14:37
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Mail Flow within same Storage Group

All,

I have a question.  I have an Exchange 5.5 Org with 3 5.5 sites.  In one of
these sites we have an Exchange 2K server.  The problem is that users from
5.5 to 2k messages get to the users in a timely fashion and vice versa. Also
can send to the internet pretty quick.  But when users on this Exchange 2k
server send to one another (located on the same mailstore)  the messages
tend to take a long time to deliver.  I don't quite understand why it would
take so long for this transfer to take place since all these users are on
the same mailstore.  The messages should just hit the local MTA and then
deliver it back down to the store.  But there seems to be something really
strange taking place.  Has anyone ever experienced this problem before?  I
appreciate any help.

Thank you,

John Bowles
Exchange Administrator