Yes I read that one.  Notice where it says:

"All attachments are rescanned after virus signatures are updated. Before an
operation can gain access to these attachments, it is important that you
plan a signature update to occur during off-peak hours. This allows time for
the attachments to be scanned and made available to MAPI operations. Due to
the way that some anti-virus vendors update their product, stop and restart
the information store after a virus signature upgrade to re-initiate the
background scanning task."

"After you enable the BackgroundScanning value, Microsoft recommends that
you allow approximately one hour to pass for each gigabyte (GB) of
attachments that is stored in your private information store before you
perform a MAPI operation, to ensure that all attachments have been scanned.
After that amount of time, MAPI error messages are greatly reduced or may be
eliminated. "

So every time there is a definition update, I *may* have to stop and restart
NAV and my server will be really slow for 24 hours (24GIG store).  Norton
will be doing daily def updates before long so that means the server will
spend 100% of its time scanning.  Hmmm....  Maybe I need a dual P4-2000
server just to support antivirus?

Tom