I changed NAV for exchange back to MAPI/AVAPI mode and enabled the
background scanning.  It's supposed to take 1hour/gig and I have 20gig of
data.  My dual 200mhz server has been scanning since 2pm yesterday, but
Symantec posted new definitions last night (got them at 2:00am) so the
background scan probably started over at that point.

I was worried that there would be a massive slowdown while background
scanning but nobody has complained yet.  Both cpu's are averaging about 40%
utilization.  The status screen claims to have scanned over 40G of data so
maybe it's almost finished...

Tom