From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 12:17 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: I'm using Ed Crowly Move Sever method...

from the FAQ.  Here's what I'm doing:

Moving Exchange from one server to another.  Both are configured with NT4
SP6a, E5.5 SP4.  Both are in the same NT domain, the same Exchange Org and
Site, each server has a different name.  After the successful move, I will
be removing the original (which is the first server in site) Exchange server
from the site; but the actual server will remain as it is our PDC.  That is,
only the Exchange server application will be removed from it.

The original server is also the Proxy server and is the server with the
physical connection to the internet.  The new server is a member server of
the domain.  This is a single domain.

Looking at his instructions, I've completed everything thru number 5.  I'm
not sure I understand steps number 6 and 6a.  When it says move any
connectors from the old server to another server, does that mean to the new
Exchange server or a third server?  And since this is a single site, can I
assume that step 6a doesn't apply for me?

As you can see I'm pretty confused and new to Exchange.  I can't even see
how to move connectors.  If you can help here, that would be great, or,
recommend a book that would help.

Thanks.

Bill Lambert, MCP,MCSE

Network Consultant