Sure ya can.
DNS and routing can do some pretty magical things...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 3:52 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Does anyone know...

I disagree.  You cannot create the IMS on the new machine and not have it
route thru the old server.  The old server is the only "EXIT" point out of
the network being that it is a multihomed proxy server.  You can't stick the
IMC on the internal server and expect it to know how to send and receive
mail?