Yeah, but in your case, FBB[1], its personal.

As to your question, Bill, it all depends on the rest of your environment.
Your best bet is to go get Paul Robichaux's excellent book from O'Reilly
Press "Managing Exchange Server 5.5" and give it a quick read.

In a nutshell, connectors are components that move mail to servers that are
not in the same Exchange site - either other Exchange sites (Site
Connectors, X.400 Connectors and DRAS Connectors), or to foreign mail
systems (Internet Mail Connector/Service, X.400 Connector, CC:Mail, MSMail,
etc).

Look in the Configuration Container in ExAdmin, and you'll see a connectors
folder. Look in there - I'm betting you see "Internet Mail Service
(servername)" as the only entry.

I do suggest that you at least have someone with good Exchange experience
come onsite to help you through this, though, unless you have time to read
Paul's book and understand what these do and how to configure them. It can
be a bit hard to the uninitiated.

Roger
Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE
Senior Systems Administrator