Need some extra information,

I'm running Windows NT 4.0 with SP 6a and MS Exchange Server 5.5 SP 4

I've been reading Microsoft articles about the migration from 5.5 to 2000,
all it was mentioning was you need to have Exchange 5.5 SP3, maybe I mis
understood, this article, basically I was expecting to see SP3 or higher,
but it keep basing on SP 3, so my question is do I have to downgrade to SP3
before I can do the Exch 2000 upgrade...

Now, please don't see this as a foolish question, as I'm no exchange expert,
I just amdinister some exchange 5.5 Servers, and I have one at home so that
I can play around with for different problems I see at the customer's site,
no I want to do this upgrade, and prepare myself for when it's time to do it
at the customer's site...

One little step backward...if I'm doing the upgrade everything on the same
machine, Should I disable the Exchange Services before I Upgrade the NT4 Box
to Windows 2000, so that the Echange don't start on the W2k box, or would
this be a problem,

Can someone please guide me accordingly..
Thnks

A humble exchange user
REggie