From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 4:13 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: LOTR Haiku

Hey, I'm Aragorn!!

Aragorn is the uncrowned king of the north-western part of Middle-earth.

Although Aragorn was a direct descendant of the Kings of Numenor and the
rightful claimant to the Kingdom of Gondor, he first came to the knowledge
of the Hobbits in his guise as a Ranger, a collection of rather grim looking
men who travelled throughout Middle-earth, protecting its inhabitants from
evil.

This usually thankless task was probably the main reason that there had been
peace and prosperity in the Shire for so long. Aragorn was also the keeper
of Anduril, "the sword that was broken" and when it was eventually re-forged
it signalled his intent to re-take his throne and to rule over the new age
of men. However, while Sauron still held power in Mordor, Middle-earth would
eventually fall to the Dark Lord. Aragorn was a key figure in the
Fellowship, and without his courage, wisdom and strength, the quest would
never have succeeded.

-Michèle
Immigration site:  <http://LadySun1969.tripod.com>
The Miata:  <http://members.cardomain.com/bpituley>
Tiggercam:  <http://www.tiggercam.co.uk>
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. " - Galileo
Galilei