-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of roger
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 2:01 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Urgent Help Needed smtp causing srv to slow right down

Hi, I have a small domain consisting of One Server as Follows:
Windows 2000 with SP2
Exchange 2000 with SP2
Domain Controller
Norton Anti virus for 2k
Norton Anti virus for Exchange 2k

Connected to 256k Lease line to internet and around 30 clients on the LAN.

The server has been fully working for the last 6 months with no problems
at all.

Today all of a sudden the server stopped sending and receiving mail, and
users complained they could not access the internet or their mail via the
exchange server, after deep diags i found that :

1,     If i disconnect the Nic cable from the server all clients can
re-browse the web and the lan speed is ok.

2,     I have also found that if i stop the SMTP service on the server
everything becomes ok again, but no mail.

Can anyone put any light on this, if so please call or mail me ASAP.

Thanks

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
or
07956 200 254 London.