OK, I think I know the answer to this, but I told a customer I'd ask.

I have a customer that wants to limit users from receiving email from the
internet. No problem, remove the SMTP address and they won't be able to
send/receive SMTP mail. However, now they have a requirement for these users
to receive SMTP mail from an internal machine (AS/400 sending e-mail to
local users). Short of going to the SMTP proxy (Firewall-1) and saying drop
messages for user1 and user2 and user3 etc. there is no way I can see of
preventing external SMTP mail while allowing internal SMTP mail. Did I miss
something?

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President