From: Robert V [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, 19 December 2001 8:53 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: 552 Exceeded Local Data Allocation Limit

Have Exchange 5.5 Server on NT 4.0 SP6A, clients are Outlook 98 and also
2000 - problem is occuring with both.

Basically we have users who are trying to send large attachments, in this
example 14mb, to an outside address.  The system administrator returns the
message as undeliverable, stating a "552 Exceeded local data allocation
limit"

I have tested sending this message to an aol address, and another business
address, and it fails each time.  It seems this undeliverable message is
coming from our system, however our system does not have a limit set for
the internet connector.

The user mailboxes on our system are not nearing their limit either.  I
don't see anything in our event log either.

Any thoughts?

Rob VadeBonCoeur