How fast are they now? Up and Down.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dustin Krysak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 10:14 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Min connection speeds....

Hi there....

I have a remote office of 20 users, and they are connected to us through a
VPN, and they access the exchange server here.

Both sites have DSL connections...

The users over there have issues with the speed of the server - which is
obviously directly linked to the speed of the DSL lines.

My options are:

Increase the speed of the DSL lines, or drop an exchange server in their
branch.

If I drop a machine in there - due to the cost, I would have to take an
existing desktop PC and build it into an exchange server (yuck!).

What do you think the min. speed of the DSL lines should be at each site? We
are a somewhat smaller company (45 here and the 20 in the other office), so
Biz DSL packages are all that we can deal with right now.

Thanks!

Dustin