Other possibilities.

The DL name is an obvious one that someone would guess (e.g. all@ sales@
hr@).
The DL includes an external recipient and someone sent to the DL with it in
the to or from field of a message.
The address was created through a dictionary generated spam mailing.
Someone in your org knows how to help you lose 30lbs in 30 days.

--
Chris Scharff
The Mail Resource Center http://www.Mail-Resources.com

Software pick of the month (Extended Reminders):
http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm
Exchange FAQs:

Chris
--