Any Exchange-aware antivirus scanners?
-K.Borndale
Network Administrator
Sybari Software
631.630.8569 -direct dial
631.439.0689 -fax
http://www.sybari.com
"One man's ceiling is another man's floor"

|--------+----------------------------------->
|        |          "Pfefferkorn, Pete       |
|        |          (PFEFFEPE)"              |
|        |          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |
|        |          Sent by:                 |
|        |          bounce-exchange-148870@ls|
|        |          .swynk.com               |
|        |                                   |
|        |                                   |
|        |          01/08/2002 03:52 PM      |
|        |          Please respond to        |
|        |          "Exchange Discussions"   |
|        |                                   |
|--------+----------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |      To:     "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                     |
  |      cc:
                                                     |
  |      Subject:     IMS Outbound mail hangs, IMS service does not respond.
                                                     |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I just upgraded our server to NT 4.0 SP6A and Exchange 5.5 SP4.

Now one of our servers that houses the Internet Mail Service seems to stop
processing mail every two weeks or so.  My link monitors show the outbound
queue stacking up mail, and when you try to stop the IMS service it says
service does not respond.  You have to reboot the processor then everything
clears up fine.  I ran the optimizer, but that didn't help.

I was thinking about trying to re-installing the 5.5 service pack.  Can you
just re-install the SP without having to de-install?  Any other
suggestions?

Pete Pfefferkorn
Senior Systems Engineer/Mail Administrator
University of Cincinnati
51 Goodman Street
Cincinnati, OH  45221
Phone - (513) 556-9076