I am not quite sure what you have done, or where you are trying to get
but...

You can install the Internet Mail Connector on one machine, and that
machine will handle all inbound/outbound mail for the site.
You can install the IMC on both machines, set one to be inbound, and set
the other to be outbound (just be sure to watch your MX records!)

Good?
-K.Borndale
Network Administrator
Sybari Software
631.630.8569 -direct dial
631.439.0689 -fax
http://www.sybari.com
"One man's ceiling is another man's floor"

|--------+----------------------------------->
|        |          "John Q"                 |
|        |          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    |
|        |          Sent by:                 |
|        |          bounce-exchange-148870@ls|
|        |          .swynk.com               |
|        |                                   |
|        |                                   |
|        |          01/08/2002 04:11 PM      |
|        |          Please respond to        |
|        |          "Exchange Discussions"   |
|        |                                   |
|--------+----------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |      To:     "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                     |
  |      cc:
                                                     |
  |      Subject:     Re: Mail relay w/ E 5.5
                                                     |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

If you are using 2 EX 5.5 servers in one site and using MTA to transfer
mail
from system to system in the same site,
can you configure just one server to SEND mail outbound, reguardless of
what
home server the user is using?
Or does it depend on what mail system the user is using as their SMTP
server?
i.e what system the user has their Outlook logged into.
Can you forece one server to be the outbound mail server?

-John Q