Von: Herold Heiko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2002 11:56
An: Exchange Discussions
Betreff: PF restore problem

A coadmin of mine created somewhat of a problem when I wasn't available
(some PF rehoming done incorrectly, without waiting for replication),
some PF contents are gone.
Take restore server, reinstall (NT4, sp, exch 55, sp4). Restore stores
(from backup exec 8.5, private and pub, no dir).
Restart services, run DS/IS consistency adjuster (with all 4 options
enabled, Filter set "all inconsistencies").
Run, ok.
Mailboxes appeared correctly, assign permission, connect with client,
ahah, the PF is there, click on it: PF unavailable ??

PF did NOT appear, in ex administrator "Public Folder Resources"
contains only EventConfig, Events Root, Offline Address Book and
Schedule + Free Busy info. Note the PF structure appeared fine, just the
contents are missing - trying to access the folder content from OL (or
property in ex administrator) I get a msg roughly like "the contents are
unavailable - either the server computer servicing this pf is down or
the pf has not been replicated to this site".

Basic check of the ebd file sizes: priv.edb 5GB, pub.edb 11GB (about
same size as the working server, ok). Wondering if any content at all
has been restored I tried a offline defragmentation of the public edb -
compacted down to about 3GB which should be correct - I moved lot of
data to another server lately.

Any idea what I did wrong or what to do ? In the meantime I'm restoring
again from scratch in case I forgot something basic but I just can't
understand what :(

Heiko

--
-- PREVINET S.p.A.            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- Via Ferretto, 1            ph  x39-041-5907073