Ex 5.5 SP3 NT 4.0 SP6a

I'd been getting errors about the event service not starting with the
following errors:

Source: MSExchangeES
EventID: 5

An unexpected MAPI error occurred.  Error returned was [0x80004005].

This is a public folder server.  The event service stopped and could not
be restarted and gave me that error.  I've tried to unistall the event
service and reinstall it, that temporaily worked.  Then it stopped again.
Now when I try to reinstall the event service, I get this error and the
install fails.  The event service is listed under services, but when you
run the exchange setup the event service is unchecked.

Thanks for the help!
-Chad