I'll have to defer to those that are running PIX.[1]  A quick search through
the archives will more then likely reveal that "no fixup protocol smtp 25"
is highly recommended.  Additionally, a quick web search on "no fixup
protocol smtp 25" will reveal that use of the command is mixed.  Some claim
it is not needed others claim it is.
Here is a quote from a poster on securepoint.com mailing list, "This has
been a problem forever.  It has been fixed in some releases of the PIX
firmware, but it has been broken in more releases than not.  Just give up
and turn
off the smtp protocol fixup.
         no fixup protocol smtp 25
Better yet, I could suggest you do what we have done.  Dump the Cisco PIX"

YMMV,
--
Matthew Monteleone-Haught
Information Technology