You CANNOT upgrade to E2K without AD.  AD is the DS for E2K.  You CAN run
E2K in "mixed mode" (a combination of W2k and NT4 DC's).

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Greg
Sent: 25 January 2002 23:04
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exchange 2000 Upgrade

Upgrade process to Exchange 2000.
What is the best path for us to take in the upgrade.
Can we upgrade to Exchange 2000 and leave it on NT 4.? Than upgrade to
active directory when necessary. We would like the added features of
Exchange 2000 but our IT Manager doesn't want to upgrade the domain to
2000 unless absolutely necessary.
thanks