OK users should not be connected during move mailbox - no problem.
But mail can't be delivered ? Let's see, this means
a) every connector on every exchange server must be down, no user
anywhere must be connected, or
b) every connector on the source and destination server must be down,
they must not be able to communicate with any other exchange server in
the same org/site, but they still must be able to communicate with a
domain controller. Oh, no user logged in those two servers obviously.

Seems not exactly an easy task if you don't want to risk loosing mail
during a move mailbox... is there any way to do this ? Every network has
moments when there are few users and external mail is trickling in
slowly, but still not 100% sure.

For the drive space issue... I was still thinking, what if on a
partition is say, pub.edb only ? BTW I'm just copying the exchange
resource kit and service pack on that partition :)

Heiko

--
-- PREVINET S.p.A.            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- Via Ferretto, 1            ph  x39-041-5907073