From: Mark Condron [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 30 January 2002 09:33
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: OWA authorisation delay

All,

Machine 1. NT 4.0 SP 4, Proxy 2.0 SP2, OWA 5.5 SP4

Machine 2. NT 4.0 SP4, Exchange 5.5 SP4

Machine 1 is multi homed with a private and public IP address. OWA is
configured to connect to the Exchange server on machine 2.

When I enter xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/exchange in a web browser I am presented with
the OWA logon.asp page. I enter an alias in the box and I am then presented
with a security logon immediately. When I add my username and password and
press return it takes at least 2-3 minutes for it to authorise me and then
display my inbox. I have scoured the Internet and technet to no avail. This
happens on all accounts using OWA. I used the installation guides from
www.swinc.com and they mention nothing about a delay in the troubleshooting.
I can access other OWA servers properly using the same remote access
machines. Any help much appreciated.

TIA

Mark Condron
ICT Manager
Wales Council for Voluntary Action

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) only.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately
and destroy the material whether stored on a computer or otherwise.
DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Wales Council for Voluntary Action, unless otherwise specifically stated.

Wales Council for Voluntary Action, Baltic House, Mount Stuart Square,
                        Cardiff , UK, CF10 5FH

Telephone: 029 2043 1700 Fax: 029 2043 1701 Minicom: 029 2043 1702

        Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Web: www.wcva.org.uk