We are planning to upgrade to AD and Exch2K in a week.  Our testing so far
has been favorable with one pretty significant exception:

In our test domain, we have a couple NT4 workstations with Office 2000 SR1
installed via the Custom Installation Wizard (ie, a customized server-based
install to the local hard drive), an Exch 5.5 SP4 and an Exch 2K SP2 server
in a single site, and an AD DC that used to be an NT4 BDC and was upgraded &
dcpromo'd.  Both Win2K servers run Win2K SP2 without SRP1.  NT4 servers and
workstations all run SP6a.

Outlook on the NT4 boxes successfully connects to mailboxes on the Exch 5.5
server.  When those mailboxes are moved to the Exch2K box (right-click on
the userid in AD Users & Computers on the Exch2K box | Exchange Tasks | Move
Mailbox), subsequent attempts on the NT4 workstation to connect to the
mailbox generate an authentication dialog asking for a userid, domain and
password that does not accept the credentials we type in.  This dialog
repeats about ten times before Outlook gives up and asks if you want to open
using default folders.

For example, the Joe User mailbox exists on an Exch 5.5 box.  I log into the
workstation as JUser and launch Outlook, connecting to Joe User's mailbox.
I then shut down the workstation, go to the Exch2K server, move Joe User's
mailbox to Exchange 2K, and boot the NT4 box.  I again log in as JUser and
launch Outlook.  I get prompted for a userid, domain and password, into
which I retype JUser's credentials.  No dice.

If I completely reinstall Office from CD, I am able to connect to the
mailbox without any trouble.  Any thoughts?