What the heck is an MMS Notification, and why am I getting one for a
particular thread on this list today?

The "From:" section was blank, it was addressed to me and it had the name
[EMAIL PROTECTED] in the message body.  After looking at the Internet
Headers section, the last "Received:" line before hitting our mail relayer
was:

This would be the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant in Carlsbad, New Mexico, which
is another DOE site.

Everything I can find on MMS points to Microsoft Messenger Service, which I
don't even have installed on my machine.

Any ideas?

Jim Blunt