Is OWA an option?

Serdar Soysal

-----Original Message-----
From: Miller, Robert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 2:58 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Consolidating Exchange Servers

All,

Looking for some feedback / possible horror stories on the topic of server
consolidation. We are an Exchange 5.5 shop - 80 servers in 55 Sites. Every
Site has a local mailbox server. The Boss is wanting to consolidate all the
Exchange servers into 3, 1 in each region (North America, Asia, Europe). It
would work out to be about 2500 mailboxes per server. The network is an ATM
backbone (IP cloud) - with circuit speeds ranging from 64K to 512K. I am not
concerned about the load of the server, as I can definitely build a beefy
cluster to handle the amount of users - I am more concerned about the
latency. I dont see running Outlook locally as an option, nor do I even see
running a thin client as an option, seeing the circuit speeds we have...

Any thoughts / suggestions?

TIA,

BM