I almost forgot.  For (almost) every question you might have about
scripting, visit www.cdolive.com

Serdar Soysal

-----Original Message-----
From: Soysal, Serdar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 4:15 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Ms Agent Questions

This is what you need to do:

1. Build a test environment.
2. Build a test Exchange Server completely separate from your production
environment.
3. Make sure you install Event Service (during Exchange Server setup, go to
Custom Installation; I don't remember if it's installed in a typical
install).
4. Create a mailbox on this test server.
5. Give your mailbox Owner rights to the EventConfig_SERVERNAME folder.
This would be under System Folders\Events Root in Exchange Admin.
6. Login to this mailbox via Outloook and make sure that you have the Server
Side Scripting add-in checked in Advanced Options.

BUT, before you do all this, do yourself a favor and buy a book about
programming Exchange Server & Outlook.  Tom Rizzo's book from MS Press is a
good one.

Serdar Soysal