-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Tener, Richard
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 8:16 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Ram upgrade NT4 SP6

Hello,

        I upgraded the Ram on my server from 512 to 1gig about a week
ago.
I found that after installing the Ram my server would lockup only when
the
backup is running.  So I put all the backups on hold and my server runs
great. I have backup exec 8.5. I emailed veritas about the problem and
this
is what they suggested:

As a rule by Microsoft, whenever you apply any new software or Hardware
changes, Microsoft recommends to re-apply Service Pack on top of an
existing one.

Just try reapplying SP6a on top of an existing one which is most likely
be the cause.

Also, since your Virtual Memory size will be as per your old RAM size.
You need to reconfigure Virtual Memory size
E.g.: try setting it to 600MB

You also need to reapply Softpaq which comes with Compaq machines. For
further information, please refer the documentation came along with
Compaq.

Awaiting your feedback.

  Warm Regards,

  Vmail Team

So my question is has anyone ever had this problem and if so do you
think I
should do what they suggested above.

Thanks
Richard Tener