Or try something like http://www.wickett.net/WNMailKeeper/ which will allow
you to archive to CD-ROM and read/search from CD-ROM.  Quite cheap as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Leonard Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 07 March 2002 12:20
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Burning PST files.

Andrew is correct about the Read Only Attribute.

Robert, you actually have some choices:
1.  Use CD-R/W instead of CDR disks.  I would only do this if you already
have CD-R/W capabilities on the clients system, otherwise this would not
work and it would be cost prohibitive to upgrade the drives. 2.  Add
additional disk space to your file server system, and locate the large PSTs
on the network file server.  I personally like this idea, because
it gives the Network Administrator the ability to backup the PST.   The down
side is increased network traffic and increased server disk utilization. 3.
Add move disk space to the client's PC.  Most companies adopt the 3 year
lifecycle for workstations.  That means 33% of all PC's are replaced every
year.  When replacing these PST hogs, make sure they get larger drives.

Lastly, keep in mind, if the users are building large PST's (ie. 500MB+
PSTs, with over 20,000 items in it), you have another more serious problem.
Corruption of the PST may cause them to loose everything (I have seen grown
men cry in these situation...very sad to see).

Cheers,
Leonard Lee