Nope, just that.  The /domainprep switch prepares the domain - sets some
permissions, creates some groups, etc.   Even if you didn't run setup
/domainprep explicitly during your initial Exchange install the stuff still
gets done - vanilla setup would have spotted they needed doing and got on
with it.

The problem in our case was that some of these permissions went missing and
we started seeing all sorts of problems.  We saw error messages similar to
the ones you're getting about the metabase.  Re-running /domainprep put the
necessary permissions back and things were tickety-boo again.  However, we
also saw errors from DSAccess complaining it couldn't see any domain
controllers and you're not...

Andrew