You could restore it to the same box, another box, a PC, a Laptop, whatever.

You should DL and read the MS Exchange Disaster Recovery Whitepaper.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 10:34 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Restore challenge

I have another co-worker who stated that if our Exchange 5.5 server database
crashes, he would simply restore everything back to the same box.  Can this
be done?  In my years of training, I was taught that you need to have
another box identical to your production box in the case that you may have a
database crash.  Please help me put this to rest and let me know your
thoughts.  Something tells me something is wrong with that plan.

LaCretia