That worked.

Cheers Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Mark Harford
Sent: 19 March 2002 15:50
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Exchange 5.5 -> 2000 Upgrade grief

Are you able to install Exchange System Manager by itself?  If so, drill
down to the relevant Administrative Group and pull up the properties.  In
there you can reselect the Exchange 55 Service Account details that will
have been stored in Active Directory the first time you tried installing
Exchange 2000.

If you can not install Exchange System Manager then you could test the
following in a lab scenario [1]:-

Run up ADSIEDIT and connect to the Configuration Container for your Forest.
Drill down to Services, Microsoft Exchange, <Org Name>, Administrative
Groups, <Site Name>.
Right click, properties,
Scroll down and check...

msExchLegacyAccount
msExchLegacyDomain

Correct them if necessary [2]
Then when running setup again you can enter in the correct password.

Mark

[1] I have not tested this myself so can not vouch for it at all.
[2] as per [1]

If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not
use,
copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and
notify
the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent
or received. Further communication will signify your consent to this.