Kevin Mitnick (http://www.freekevin.com/) was excellent at human engineering
hacks. He certainly wasn't the best or the only one doing it. Those types of
hacks work best when you know as much as possible about the target entity..
Finding out about organizational structure and information about employees
makes these types of hacks much easier. Heck, there are people who get paid
to do these kinds of hacks to test security systems.

Building on the responses of others:

2 months later Mike gets a phone call...

Mike, how ya doin? My name is Fred Smith, I was hired in 3 days ago and Jim
Standin told me you were the guy to contact about getting me an NT and
e-mail account set up. Oh.. By the way, how was the trip to SE Asia? I'm
working in the accounting group, so can you make sure my logon script maps
the drive for the accounting group.

Chris Scharff - MCSE, Exchange MVP              512.652.4500 x244
Senior Sales Engineer                           MessageOne