Hi. I'm new to the group so if this has already been asked please forgive
me. I used the windows update function on my Windows 2000 machine and
since then have not been able to administer our exchange server (5.5) with
it. I get the message:

A connection could not be made to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer
'<server name>'

The Microsoft Exchange Server computer does not respond.

Microsoft Exchange Directory
ID no: DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM

I was able to connect to the server with no problems up until I installed
the latest patches. I have had this on 2 of my machines now.

Any clues? Cheers,
Pete.