I'm still not 100% sure I understand you (any details of the Dr Watson
error) but the following Technet articles may be of help? Or maybe someone
with more experience of this sort of thing can step in.

OL97: Error Message Occurs When You Send an Encrypted Message [Q283206]
OL2000: (CW) Error Message Occurs You Send an Encrypted Message [Q282959]
OL2000: Outlook 2000 Users Cannot Send Encrypted Mail [Q287094]

--
This e-mail is intended for the addressee shown. It contains information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. Any review,

The contents of this email do not necessarily represent the views or
policies of Luton Sixth Form College, its employees or students.