We currently use mimesweeper for content - including spam - filtering. It
allows us to use realtime blackhole lists (RBLs) such as MAPS, and also to
define filters for spam and anything else mangement consider unacceptable
this week.

As such I'd recommend it, with the following caveat:

All spam filters I've seen are flawed; they might suck in different ways but
they do all suck. In our use of Mimesweeper I can say that it sucks less
than many other systems I've seen and used. Anyone who tells you they have a
100% perfect system for filtering email is either on crack or doesn't know
what they are talking about.

No matter what spam filter you install be prepared to either lose legitmate
email, because your filters are too strict, or to let spam through because
they are too lax, or to have someone review mail that's on hold to decide
whether it's spam or not (and that's a whole can of worms by itself). I'd
strongly suggest this has to be supported by senior management, if not
driven entirely by them, because if not your butt will be on the chopping
block when one of them loses an email order for $10 million because it had
"make money fast" in the subject line.

--
Robert Moir, MSMVP
IT Systems Engineer,

--
This e-mail is intended for the addressee shown. It contains information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. Any review,

The contents of this email do not necessarily represent the views or
policies of Luton Sixth Form College, its employees or students.