-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Dean Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 6:03 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: EXCH2000: Inserting Calendar Events into User Calendars

Hi!,

I am not sure whether this issue should be treated the same as sync'ing a
shared public folder to a users calendar, but I was wondering whether
somebody
might be
able to tell me how a nominated user or the Exchange system (EXCH:2000)
itself
is able to place events into ALL users personal calendars.

Basically I would like the ability to insert public holidays into the system
so that the end-users can see them in their personal calendar (all clients
are
operating in corporate mode using Outlook 2000).  I know that one approach
would be to manipulate the outlook.txt file for each Outlook client or to
establish a public calendar folder, however I have seen this functionality
achieved via another method which doesn't require the user of any third
party
programs (I just don't know how it is done).

Is it possible that this functionality can be achieved via a "globalevent"
or
is there some other way of doing it.  I know another way would be to send
the
holidays out to everyone and have them add it to their own personal
calendar,
but I am trying to avoid that as well.

Any information would be appreciated.

See ya

Dean Thompson

| Dean Thompson              | E-mail  - [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| Bach. Computing (Hons)     | ICQ     - 45191180                         |
| PhD Student                | Office  - <Off-Campus>                     |
| School Comp.Sci & Soft.Eng | Phone   - +61 3 9903 2787 (Gen. Office)    |
| MONASH (Caulfield Campus)  | Fax     - +61 3 9903 1077                  |
| Melbourne, Australia       |                                            |