-----Original Message-----
From: Raji Arulambalam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Posted At: Thursday, May 02, 2002 11:52 PM
Posted To: Exchange Discussion List
Conversation: Upgrade Exchange 5.5 to E2k error
Subject: Upgrade Exchange 5.5 to E2k error

Hi

When I try to do an in-place upgrade of Exchange 5.5 SP4 to Exchange
2000 I get the following error from the Exchange 2000 Installation
Wizard. I have followed the steps. 1) ADC,  2) Forestprep, 3)
Domainprep. I was using the Standard version of Exchange 2000.

The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services"
cannot be assigned the action "Upgrade" because:
 - You must use the same edition of Microsoft Exchange 2000 Setup
(Enterprise or Server) as the existing installation

Any help.??

TIA

Raji