From: Robert Blomquist [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 2:24 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: I don't trust headquarters (OWA question)

HQ does not have a good record when it comes to W2K and E2K so I don't trust
them. I'm trying to minimize exposure to the inevitable screwup.

Our E2K server will be in a child domain to HQ, I want to run a totally
separate domain (ultimately W2K w/AD) with trust relationships setup. The
child domain will only be to hold mailboxes, I don't want to run user or
computer accounts out of this domain. This will occur in my separate domain.

I have gotten the whole thing setup, my NT users can login and access the
E2K mailboxes in the AD domain. That part works fine (all in a test
environment.) What doesn't work is OWA.  OWA doesn't know which mailbox to
open when I type in the UN,PW,Domain of the NT domain. I don't want my users
logging in with the user accounts of the E2K child domain.

Is there anything else I can do or am I out of luck? Thanks.

Robert Blomquist
Network Administrator