A customer has Exchange 5.5 (SP4) in 2 sites (A & B), each with a single
server.  There is Directory Replication set up between the 2 and all was
well until last week.  Then, owing to a problem he had to completely
rebuild the site A server.  He was able to get everything back to a point
where everything was OK - mail flowed between the 2 sites & from each site
to the outside world (via site A).  However, the GAL at site B is now
showing all of the old entries for site as well as the new ones.

In looking at TechNet articles it seems that site B is waiting for site A
to send replication information to remove the old objects, but this won't
happen.  I cannot determine from what I've read whether simply removing
the Directory Replication Connector at site B and then re-creating it will
cure the problem (Or if it is supposed to, how long it will take).  So any
suggestions would be useful.